We seek better, forseen worse.

Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Poetry

is a marvelous thing.

Today, I share a poem by my older sister, Krystal.



~Looking In


You look in at me and see
the girl,
Who lives inside the
golden world,
But don't believe
Thats all there is to see,
You'll never know thee
real me.

She smiles through a
thousand tears.
And harbors adolescent
fears.
She dreams of all that she
can never be.
She wades in insecurity
and hides herself inside
of me.

Don't say she takes it all
for granted.
I'm well aware of all
I have.
Don't think that I am
disenchanted
Please understand,

It seems as though I've
always been
Somebody outside looking
in
Well here I am for all
of them to bleed.

But they can't take
my heart from me
And the can't bring
me to my knees
They'll never know the real me.




It's so sad and good. My sister is the best though.
Krystal, thanks for understanding without ever knowing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home