We seek better, forseen worse.

Monday, October 31, 2005

Personal Rant Time, Plus some actual work!

Ok, I'm not one for being a bitchy type, but today was worth it. Tons of work throughout the day (with a helper from some 20mg Amph's).

Tasks Accomplished/Started:

1) Generic and excessive school work
2) Olympus Stylus 300 Digital Decompiling and Analyzing (see below)
3) Chainsaw work
4) Home work

All of this was accomplished or at least started.

Now, on to more professional matters...

The Olympus Stylus 300 Digital Camera I decompiled was to fix it.
The problem was that the sliding lens cover would not cause it to go on or go into record mode. So, I crack out the screwdriver, some electrical tape, and tweezers, and go to work.

After a total of around 3 hours, it hit me: It's either really fucked up or going to be really costly to fix it. So, deeming it necessary, I found an exploded parts diagram and a cost list to those thereof.

Cost to fix this camera the right, sane, legal, and nice way? $97.65 (not including shipping and handling.)
Cost to fix it my way? $5 and LOTS of effort.

It's gonna be a long time...

Resources that I've been using have been posted on here! Enjoy.
Olympus Stylus 300 Digital parts diagramOlympus Stylus 300 Digital parts pricing

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home